Monday 6 August 2012

A Bit About set meals on set Days

Today me and my daughter decided to have pancakes – we had them for tea with tuna, mayo and cheese (she had corn as well… I don’t like corn much, but that is just the way I roll). Today is a Monday in August, and no it is not pancake Tuesday, or Shrove Tuesday, as some posher people call it. This got me thinking of other set meals we have on set days.

And why are Easter Eggs only available during Easter, I am sure they would still sell them in say, October.

Christmas dinner… why not have the same meal during Spring or something? Christmas dinner is great, even the sprouts (yes, I like sprouts… it’s just the way I roll). Turkey, pigs-in-blankets, mmmm. And why are Sunday roasts only reserved for Sundays? Don’t wait for your birthday to have birthday cake!

So, go on people… have a Christmas dinner this Saturday, have your Sunday lunch on Wednesday… eat pancakes next Thursday. Buy yourself a Birthday cake for Friday. And if anyone asks you why? Just say that’s the way you roll, baby….

No comments:

Post a Comment